Tourist site around the theme of Sacred art in OETING, classified in the list of historic monuments, free entrance

The existence of a modest chapel in the village rebuilt after the Thirty Years’ War, was documented as early as 1733 in exactly the same place as the present-day church. In the 19th century, the rapid growth of the population and the desire to be able to provide all religious practices in that one place, persuaded the local authority to endow the village with a place of worship worthy of the name, and then to claim the right to create a parish in its own right, independent of the town. The work was agreed in 1868, at the same time as Forbach was completing the church of St Rémi that we know today.
From 01/01/2022 To 31/12/2022

Information & Bookings

Monsieur Bernard LAPP

623 Rue du Général de Gaulle
57600 OETING
03 87 87 33 11